Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving Fun

This year for Thanksgiving Dalley and I headed out to Nevada. We headed out the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We stopped in Cedar and picked up Stina then headed out. We stayed until the following Saturday. On our way home we got stuck in a snow storm and ended up spending the night in Cedar then got home the next morning just in time for church. Then that night Dustin got to come home. We were so happy to see him. We missed spending Thanksgiving with him.
Dustin spent the week in apprentice school in St. George then he had three days off. That is the most time he has had to spend with us for months so we were really excited. we went to Cedar Friday night and met my parents. My mom and I went to a movie while the boys stayed at the hotel. The next morning we got up and went to St. George to see Dustin's dad in the hospital. He has been having trouble with his circulation in his leg.
We got back to Circleville around 3:00 and immediately got in Dustin's truck to go tree hunting. Dustin and Dalley drove up the road and I hiked around in the hills. After about an hour of searching I found the most perfect Christmas Tree ever. It was a beautiful Blue Spruce. Perfectly symmetrical on all sides. I called to Dustin and he brought the saw up. On the way home Dustin was worrying about the white smoke his truck was blowing so he rallied a little bit and lost the tree. We had to turn around a go get it. Then a mile later he was talking on the phone and not paying attention and lost it again. Needless to say it is not as symmetrical as it had once been. His friend Kasey came and helped him put it up and once we had it decorated it was just perfect, even with the few broken branches.
Dalley and grandpa at the ranch, Dalley followed grandpa around the whole week. he would not let him leave the house with out him
I love this picture Stina took of Dalley checking out the cows
Dalley and Ira up at the corrals
Dalley and Ira on the hay stack, they were pretty good buds by the end of the week.
I like this picture cause Dalley's pants are sagging off of him

My handsome boy

Dalley's true love, horses

Stina took this picture of Dalley, he loved this tractor

Teasing mom with mac and cheese fingers

Dalley loves grandma

Two cute boys at bedtime
Dalley and Great Grandpa

Dalley and Great Grandma
I put a hair thingy in Dalley's hair. I thought it was too cute

My little hard worker ready to go do chores with grandpa

Stina and I painted my mom's kitchen so my dad took the boys to empty trash, Ira wasn't too happy about leaving mom behind.
Stina painting mom's kitchen

Ira smiles more than any baby I have ever seen. He is such a cheeser too.

Dalley being a cheeser
Dalley talking on the phone to dad, he thinks he is so big.

Wearing grandpa's wild rag

My Dad's deer

Dalley and grandpa and dead deer

The delicious coconut creme cupcakes Stina made. They were so yummy.

I just love Dalley's hair
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving I helped my dad load the tractor on the flatbed and then we hauled it out to the range. While we were loading it Dalley sat on this little blue tractor and played. He was content the whole time just to pretend to drive the tractor.

When we got to the range, we burned some brush piles that had been dozed last winter

We roasted a hot dog for lunch

Dirty Hot Dog Face

Dalley giving his buddy a hug

Shawn and Dad with all of the grand kids

The day after Thanksgiving we went back out to the range to do some more burning and some tractor work. We went to the cabin for lunch. The boys love this tire swing. It was all Lukie could talk about on the way out to the range.
Lukie and Dalley

The front of our old cabin

The Inside
This is one of my most favorite places in the world. I never feel as peaceful as I do out at the cabin.
The sunset we saw on our way home

Cheesy Ira, about to eat birthday cake

Dalley with his antlers


3 comments:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I SERIOUSLY love those pics! There are some great shots. It looks like you guys had a great time over the break ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Were those the cupcakes that we learned how to make at those meetings? Good thing we skipped out on the boy meetings and went with the girls! haha!

Lynda said...

Hey, when am I going to get those pictures and more? (Iam whining) That was a great time we had. Good memories.