Saturday, March 31, 2012

5 Years of Marital Bliss

Last Friday was our fifth anniversary. It has been a fast, wonderful, lovely, challenging and beautiful five years.

Dustin I both work a lot and we haven't had much time alone since Dalley came along. I convinced him to go on a little overnight trip to get away. He said it had to be a less than two hour drive so my choices were very limited. When I was trying to think of where to go I remembered a B&B that I lived next door to in college. It is a beautiful huge old house. I walked by it every day in college and always wanted to go in. So I made a reservation there. I loved it. It was gorgeous on the inside. They have all of their rooms listed online so I got to take a virtual tour of each room to decide which one we wanted to stay in. I decided on the English room. It had a claw foot tub in the bedroom and a balcony with a breathtaking view.

Friday night we dropped the kids off with Dustin's sister Haley. I was a bundle of nerves cause they had never spent the night with her before, but they did great. We headed to Cedar and checked into our room. Then went to Milts for dinner. Then we did a little late night shopping and headed back.

I loved the B&B experience, but Dustin said it was like staying at a weird relatives house. It was not something he would have ever wanted to do, so I am very thankful he was such a good sport. He didn't complain once, even when they didn't have anything for breakfast that he liked.

It was really nice to have a special time for us and it is something I think we need to do a little more of, more often than every five years! I love Dustin so much and I am so thankful for him. He is a bit rough around the edges. I tease him that when we met he was barely house broke. It works for us though. He has a lot to put up with being married to me and he takes it in stride. He is a wonderful father and he is endlessly supportive of me and my crazy work and church schedules. I think he secretly likes it when I have to work long hours, cause he likes the alone time with the kids. that way they can eat ice cream and stay up late and I can't nag him about it. I sure am thankful that this rough and tough cowboy came into my life.




This is our engagement photo from five years ago




This is us today. We sure aged a lot in the last five years!


1 comment: