Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ryan's Farewell

A few weeks ago was Ryan's mission farewell. He was called to the Colorado Denver mission. The whole family was there to watch him speak. I was so impressed with him. He did great. It was the first time I had ever heard him say that many words at once. He is such a quiet kid. I know that he is going to do great. My mom and dad took him to the MTC the following Wednesday. He has been gone a week now.
The bright side to the weekend was that we were able to get the whole family together. It was great. I had a really good time hanging out with all my nieces and nephews, but especially Crystal and Alyssa. They were a lot of help with Dalley.
On Saturday morning I got Dalley ready and let him spend as much time as he wanted outside. He hasn't been able to do that before then because it is always so cold here. We went and fed one of the baby calves and then we hung out with one of the colts for awhile. Dalley loved every minute of it. Then when they got all of the cows in from the pasture we went up to help them brand. Dalley loved it. We even let him ride one of the smaller calves. He thought it was quite alright. i was amazed that he didn't even get scared.
After they got done branding my mom and I took all of the grand kids up to the Schofield Cemetery to see my grandparents graves. Then I left Dalley with my dad and mom and Luke Ryan, and I took the kids up to the Mt. Irish petroglyhs and up to Logan City. I can't believe I had never been there before. They were some of the best petroglyphs I had ever seen and they are like ten miles from the ranch. We will definitely be going exploring there again.
On the way home I had Crystal, Alyssa, Tifnee, and Kate in my truck and we spent the whole ride telling funny stories and jokes. It was funny. Tifnee who is only four told the funniest jokes.
It was a great weekend. i am going to miss my little brother,but I am so proud of him for his testimony and his dedication.





Here is my dad out back of Windmill Ridge the day of Ryan's talk

Ryan goofing off with the kids


Britnee and Lukie are always glued to Ryan whenever they see him. They would get a little jealous so most of the time he carried both of them.

Crystal by one of the petroglyphs

Alyssa and Kate

The sign by the petroglyphs
All of the kids in the back of the truck coming back from the cemetery

Dalley riding the 4-Wheeler with his grandpa and great grandpa. They are laughing at him because he was getting impatient that they weren't driving yet.

Ryan and My Grandpa bringing the cows in to brand

Dalley with Little Joe, Luke's horse

Dalley petting a calf on the table

Dalley and Dustin on Homer

Dalley's first calf ride














2 comments:

Cam & Nat said...

So dang cute!!! Dalley is sure getting big!!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

When did the boys get old enough for a mission?..... I seriously remember taking picture of them on your couch when they were little babies! Geesh...

I LOVE those pics of you guys around the ranch. There are some beautiful shots.