Monday, April 13, 2009

Sick Baby

The last couple of weeks have been a blur of no sleep and a sick kid. About five weeks ago Dalley started getting pretty sick. He had a bunch of different things going on; diaper rashes, tons of mucus, a really bad cough, puking, diarrhea you name it he had it. We took him to the clinic here in Panguitch and they told us he had a double ear infection and put him on an antibiotic which just made all of his symptoms worse. Then two weeks ago we went up to Primary Children's to take him to his Nephrologist. She looked him over and said his kidneys look good, but we need to find out what is wrong with him. She tested him for all sorts of things from Cystic Fibrosis to abnormal thyroid. She had us pretty stressed out for a week waiting for the test results, but finally we found out that all of his labs came back normal. This was good and bad news. Good because it meant he didn't have those things wrong with him but bad because we still don't know what is wrong. I took him to his pediatrician last Friday and he decided that Dalley has a disorder called cyclical vomiting and that we need to go to a gastro enterologist. We can't get in to see him for at least 5 weeks so I am no farther along than when I started and still quite tired from the lack of sleep we have experienced the last five weeks. We had Luke and my dad give him a blessing so I am hoping we either find out what is wrong with him so we can start treating him or he just gets better. The poor kid has been poked and prodded enough in his short life.

4 comments:

Angela said...

That sucks for him and you! I hope they find out whats wrong with him soon and hopefully its not anything serious. Good luck and keep updating!

Cam & Nat said...

Kristi, I'm sorry!! It sucks to have a sick kid but hopefully everything will work out and you will be able to find out what is wrong with him!! Youre in my thoughts!

Lara said...

That is so sad. I hope that Dalley gets well soon or that they figure out what is wrong. The poor kid and his poor mom too! Good luck. We'll be thinking bout you.

Kristi said...

Thanks for all the concern. I didn't realize how negative I sounded in my post. It must have been the lack of sleep. Everything looks worse when you are tired.