Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nothing Much

Not a whole lot is happening lately. I had big plans for yard work over Memorial Day weekend, but I spent it holding my sick baby. We found out yesterday that he has pneumonia. Can you believe this kid, getting pneumonia in May. He loves to be a rebel. His issues made it a little bit difficult to treat him. He can't have ibuprofen because of his kidneys so we are relying on Tylenol to bring his fever down. He also can't have breathing treatments because they are not an approved medicine for his heart. So we are just giving him antibiotics and we have to take him back to the Dr. in a couple of days if he doesn't improve. Dustin stayed home with him today. He is such a good dad. He loves spending time with Dalley. He also took the whole night shift last night so I could get some good sleep.
Also the big news at our house is that after 15 months Dalley finally has teeth. I was beginning to think he didn't have any in his head. His cousin Ira is nine months younger and was ahead of him in the teeth area. Now Dalley has caught up and he got four at once. They are not all the way in, but you can see the top two really well and the bottom two have barely broken through. I am excited to begin feeding him things that need to be chewed. This opens up a whole new world of food options.
On Sunday night we went to Jill's house for a BBQ it was fun as always. I like getting out of the house and letting someone else do the cooking and the dishes. Michael went to church with us and then came over after church. he was such a big help. Dustin and I were both tired from being up with a sick baby so Michael entertained Dalley while we took a little nap. It was just what I needed. He was so cute with him. I woke up a couple of times to Dalley laughing hysterically at something that Michael was doing to entertain him. I think I want to adopt a ten year old before I have my next baby.
Last week my babysitter told me she needed to quit. She was the best babysitter in the world. She really enjoyed watching Dalley and was sad to tell me that she needed to take a few months off. Her mom has had health issues and she needs to be free to be there for her. I understand why she had to quit, but it is hard to find a sitter as great as her. Dalley starts going to another sitter's house next week. She is in my Bunco group. She has four boys of her own so I think Dalley will like it at her house. He loves having friends to play with. I am also having a high school girl watch him a couple of days a week and having her do a little house cleaning. I am excited to get a little help. It is hard for me to stay on top of everything these days. Work is really busy we are in the process of funding our grant applicants. It is crazy during this time, juggling money and making sure all of the paperwork is filled out and everything. It is just nice to get a little extra help once in awhile.
So I have been babbling, that is all for now. I am headed to Alamo this weekend if Dalley is feeling up to it so I should have some pictures to post soon.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sorry your little guy is sick - hopefully he will get over it quick!