Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July in Review


So I figured it was about time to post about our July goings ons. It has been a fun yet busy month. There were fires near Panguitch and they put me on the BAER team. That took up quite a bit of time and I ended up working a lot of hours. Thank goodness I have an awesome babysitter. Here are some other things we did.

Panguitch has a balloon festival the last weekend of June every year. On Saturday night they do the glow, where they park all the balloons on main street and after dark they glow. Out friends Anne and Chiz invited us to go to the glow with them this year. It was a lot of fun. Dalley went to Grandma Cooper's house with Grandma Dyann and we hung out and had a great time. We ended up at Anne's Friends house sitting around the fire. It was a lot of fun. Here are my cowboys ready to go to the festival.

This is the only picture I got of the balloons glowing. I didn't want to look like too much of a tourist.

We went to the ranch for the 4th. We go every year. It has become a tradition to go and watch the parade at my grandma's house hang out all day and then watch the fireworks there as well. I was able to convince Dustin to take a couple of days off work so we went out early so that Dustin could help my dad with stuff he needed done. We went out Wednesday. Thursday Dustin helped my dad most of the day then we left Dalley with Grandma and Grandpa and went to Mesquite. While we were in mesquite we bought me a new car. It is a 2009 Ford Edge I have wanted one of these since they came out and now was a good time to sell my truck so we traded it in on a new Edge. I really like it. It gets a lot better fuel mileage than my truck did. Friday we went back to the ranch and Luke and Kayce came. Then we all went to the parade on Saturday and hung out at grandma's till after the fireworks. We left Sunday and came back to Circleville. It was a fun weekend.

This is Dalley doing his monkey face on the way to Nevada. We call it his monkey face cause he started doing it when we were at the zoo in Portland and he saw the monkeys. It makes me laugh really hard.

Dalley helping grandma load the dishwasher. He isn't as big of a help as he thinks he is.

I just love this picture. Isn't that just the cutest little face. This is my new car Dustin and Dalley with the new car

My Grandpa and Dalley watching the parade.
This is Lukie, Lukes youngest boy, he is such a character. They broke open a ball and he made it into a mullet wig then wore it to the parade.

Everyone watching the parade.
Dalley loves his boots

A couple Sundays ago Dalley and I went with Dustin to watch Clint buck his bulls out. Some of the bulls were pushing on the gate and of course it opened and they got out. It took the next two hours to catch them as they ran around Junction. As soon as they got out Dustin ran to the horse corrals and saddled two horses. It took him less than ten minutes and he was back on the chase. He was able to rope one in the field but the horse he was on wasn't strong enough to drag it so he had to wait there until they caught the others and came to help him. When they were done Dalley got to ride his colt Half Pint. He loves riding horses and throws a fit whenever it is time to get off. Here are two of the bulls running down the highway through Junction

Dustin out in the field with the bull he had roped

Dustin and Dalley on Half Pint. He is Dalley's colt out of our Bay Mare
A couple of Saturdays ago we went to Cedar to do some shopping. We decided to take the long way home and stopped at this restaurant for Dinner. The Hatch Express Engine Steak House.

It is starting to become a tradition for us to spend the 24th of July in Escalante with Luke and Kayce. We went this year and had a blast.Kayce does a great job of putting everything together. We went to the rodeo on Friday night. Saturday was the parade, the scout lunch, the town program, and of course fireworks. It was a great weekend.

Dustin and Dalley at the rodeo

Cody riding his first sheep. He did pretty good but when he fell off he got stepped on and was hurting pretty bad.

Luke held on to Lukie and the sheep went faster than they did

I thought this picture of the boys was cute. On the left Luke is hugging Cody and on the right my dad is talking to Lukie.

The 25th was Lukie's birthday. Dalley fell in love with this scooter he got.

My dad and Dalley watching the parade. Dalley loves his grandpa

Lukie and L.E. watching the parade in the stroller

The kids were excited to see Smoky the Bear. I didn't get a very good picture of him with Dalley.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We need to move back. We miss all the fun! Fun pics. NICE RIDE!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Great pics! We've been down to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque a couple of times, and nothing beats seeing those hot air balloons when they are glowing. It is definitely a high light!
LOVE the car!

Anonymous said...

I love your car! I'll have to come check it out when we come over on Friday!

Lynda said...

I notice you didn't put the pictures of Luke and Kate dancing that I took. Were they terrible? I couldn't see if they were any good when I took them.