Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Its Fair Time

I love this time of year because it is when all the fairs are going. I love these small county fairs they have around here. Especially the Piute County Fair. They do a great job and it is a lot of fun. I have loved the fair since I first started dating Dustin. This year was no disappointment.

On Monday night they had a family water day at the park. They had big water slides and pools and activities set up for all the kids. Tuesday night they had a concert at the arena, we didn't make it because Dustin worked late. Wednesday night they had a family feud game and the Westwoods had a team. It was Dustin, his brother Dean, His sister Jill, Jill's husband Mike, and their cousin Spode. I was supposed to be on the team but when i saw what they had to do I chickened out. I am not big into public humiliation, but I am glad other people are because it was a lot of fun to watch.

Thursday was the little buckaroo rodeo. We kept Dalley out of it because it was a rainy day and I figured he probably shouldn't be competing in a rodeo less than a week after getting out of the hospital. Dustin had to go though because he runs the chutes every year. He loves it, for weeks after every little kid in the county says hi to him because they remember him helping them on their sheep or their calf.

Friday night was the first night of the rodeo. Our friends Anne and Chiz came to the rodeo with us. I was glad because then I had someone to sit by when Dustin was doing his events. Also because they are really fun to hang out with. Unfortunately they couldn't come the next night because Anne got really sick.Dustin packed a flag in the Grand Entry and he also participated in the wild horse ride, he didn't cover but thankfully he didn't get hurt either. I wasn't too sure about him competing in rough stock. I like it better when he just team ropes. It seems safer even though he did roll his horse over on him the other night when he was roping.

Saturday is the most fun day. It starts out with a parade then there are all sorts of activities at the park. We hung around the park for awhile and then we drove to Panguitch for lunch. We headed home to get ready for the rodeo. Dalley went with us to the rodeo on Friday night but on Saturday he went to Panguitch to spend the night with Aunt Haley and his cousin Jax. At the Saturday night rodeo Dustin packed a flag again, then he did the hide race and he won! Then he competed in the wild horse ride again, he didn't win that but his good friend Wyatt did so that was alright. The horse he was riding twisted in the air and landed on his back. I was pretty happy Dustin came off when he did or he would have been smooshed.

After the rodeo was the dance. They have a live band and it is a really good time. We headed over with my friend Heidi and we had a really good time. We stayed until 2:00 in the morning then we went back to Heidi's to sit around and B.S. for awhile. We didn't get home until almost 4:00. It was a good time though I am glad it only comes around once a year.

Unfortunately I didn't get very many pictures. Here are a few of the ones I did get.



Dalley and his cousin Michael at the Family Feud Night, they are buddies

Dustin doing the obstacle course in the family feud

Jill doing one of the Family Feud games
My handsome husband carrying the Ford flag in the Grand Entry. I thought it was funny that they gave him that flag because he hates Fords. He is riding Dalley's colt half-Pint. Isn't he a pretty little Bay?
This is a picture of my dirty faced little cowboy at the Friday night rodeo
Dalley and Dustin picking up candy at the parade
Dalley and Dustin in the back of Will's truck.

2 comments:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I've really started liking the fairs too..... There is always SO much going on. It's nice to kick back and relax. I like the idea of the Family Feud! I agree that it would be MORE fun watching the different events they do ;)

Cam & Nat said...

hopefully next year we will be coming over to it. My brothers roped in the rodeo one of the nights so I would like ot come over there and watch them. It looks like you guys had a fun time!!