Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Only Constant is Change

We have a had a busy couple of weeks lately. I can not believe how fast time passes these days. Work has been so busy for me it is ridiculous. We are working on some big projects for Livestock grazing that have been taking a lot of time. We have been going through extensive engineering investigations for two ponds that weren't compacted properly when the dam was built. All of this takes a lot of time and paperwork. Dustin and Dalley have been very patient with me through it all and so has our amazing babysitter.

We did take some time out to have a little fun though. A couple of weeks ago Dalley and I met my mom and dad in Cedar. We spent the night and did shopping and things the next day. Dalley loves his grandma and grandpa and he had a lot of fun.
The next weekend Dustin and I went with Anne and Chiz to the Bar G Wranglers at Bryce. The newspaper had a 50% off coupon for the show so it wasn't even that expensive. We had a really good time. There were a lot of tourists there that were amazed by our boys with their cowboy hats. There was even one guy at a table behind us who would video Dustin and Chiz when they weren't looking. I even got Dustin to dance with me a little during the show which is always fun.

A couple of weeks ago I was out in Kane County measuring some acreage that had been bull-dozed to take the trees out. It was really steep so I had to get off the wheeler to walk the area. The dirt was really soft because of the recent treatment and at one point I stumbled and knelt down. I didn't think anything of it until I got home that night and looked at my leg and I had a huge bruise. Well the bruise didn't get better and it started spreading down my leg. By the next Tuesday I was bruised from my knee to my ankle and if anyone touched my leg or I bumped it, I thought I would die. Claudia made me go to the Dr. and it turns out that the bruise had caused me to develop blood clots. They made me spend a couple of days staying off it, but anyone with kids knows that is easier said than done. They also gave me some high powered medication to get rid of it. Anyhow the swelling is gone and I think the clot is too. At least I am hoping so.

Finally the bad news. After working his backside off for the last three years, Dustin was laid off from his job last Saturday. It has been a little bit of a transition for us. Luckily he has been able to find work chopping corn for the dairy and he is going to do some day riding for some local ranchers helping them gather cows, but past that we are not sure what he is going to do. There just isn't much work around here. He is training a few horses which will bring in a little money and as longs as he is herding cows he can continue training a few dogs. We are just hoping that something will come up so that he doesn't have to leave us. Dalley is such a daddy's boy I am not sure he could handle being away from his dad for very long. So,if anyone hears of any job opportunities let us know.

4 comments:

Cam & Nat said...

kristi, you guys have been way busy!! sorry about the blod clots and sorry to hear of dustin losing his job!!! If I hear of anything i will let you know. But its like it here in sevier county, there just arent any jobs!!!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I'm sorry about your leg! That really sounds painful. Our prayers with you and Dustin in finding a new job..... We'll keep our ears open

Brooke said...

Kristi,
I was just checking in on your blog and thought I'd say hi. I'm so sorry about your leg and about Dustin's job. I am sure it will all work out. Dalley is so cute! We should get together someday. He and Bracken could be great little buddies. Drop me a note on my blog or email me at brooke.geary@gmail.com
I'd love to hear from you!! My sis lives in Randolph so every time I go there I still think of you and that summer we worked together. I remember staying in Randolph with you. Anyway, good times! :)

Lara said...

Wow - busy times. I can't believe how much there is to catch up on. I am glad Claudia made you go to the dr but scary about the blood clots! I hope that you are better now. And sorry to hear about Dustin's job. I hope he has found something or finds something very soon. None of us know how things are going to go with this economy. It really scares me a bit. At least you are working and things are busy for you - as much as that is hard being sooo busy. Good luck with everything!