Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nothing much


I feel like a bit of a slacker, but not much has happened lately. We are still enjoying having Dustin home. It is like he never left. Everything is back to the way it was before he got laid off. His job is going good so far. Work has been pretty crazy for me. I was able to get grants for four large acre range treatments. Two of the grants are for two large ranches on the Glendale bench in Kane County. It will be a 4,000 acre block that will be treated. The other two grants are for projects around 640 acres each.
We did get a surprise visit from my parents last weekend that was really fun. They stopped by on Sunday. They were on their way home from Britnee's baptism. Dalley loved having his grandparents here. I joked about him going home with them and I guess he took me seriously. When they left he was extremely put out that they didn't take him with them.
We have had a little issue with our septic system but thankfully Dustin was able to borrow the equipment from the dairy and pump it himself. That saved us a few hundred dollars. It wasn't a very fun job though.
On Friday night we went to Alton to pick up our new Catahoula Puppy that we bought from my friend Carrie. It was really fun visiting with her and her husband Klynt. She has a cute little pregnant belly and I am so excited for her to have her little girl in May. We had a little adventure on the way. There is a shortcut road to Alton that I always take when I work down there. For work I drive a four wheel drive truck so I can go most everywhere. Without thinking I took that road last night in my car. It is a dirt road and it is very muddy. We got going and the road was terrible.We were slipping and sliding all over the place. We almost turned around a couple of times but I kept telling Dustin that we were almost there. Then about a half a mile from town the road was no longer there. They had only plowed as far as the JD ranch. We had tot urn around and go all of the way back. It was pretty late before we got to Alton and my car, that I had washed that day, was covered in mud. The headlights were barely shining.
After we left Carries we went to Anne and Chiz's for pizza. We had a great visit and got home late, but it was worth it.
Here are a few pictures of the munchkin butt;
.
Posing under the high chair
An outfit he put on himself, just like his mom, the kid has no style
Sporting Grandpa Hatch's signature hairstyle

No comments: