Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The birthday weekend

Dalley had his second birthday this last weekend. I can't believe that it has been two years since he came crashing into our world. I still get a little emotional thinking about his rough entrance and I am so thankful that he is the healthy kid he is now. He may develop a little differently than other kids, but he doesn't let that slow him down.
We started out the birthday weekend with daddy moving home. Dalley is so excited to get to see his daddy every day now. I am starting to feel a little left out though. On Saturday we went to St. George to meet my parents. On the way down we stopped at CAL Ranch to get some tack for Dustin. While he was looking through saddle pads and stuff I tried a pair of chaps on Dalley. He instantly fell in love. They are the cutest things that i have ever seen. He didn't take them off all day. He even wanted them on with his jammies.
Sunday we went to church then over to Dustin's parents house for dinner. After dinner we opened presents. Then it was nap time. Daisy came and kept me company while Dustin and Dalley took a nap. Then we went and let Dalley ride the Bay Mare. She has a name but it isn't nice so I won't put it on the blog. He didn't want to get off even though we were all freezing. After riding we went back to Grandpa Dahl's and had birthday cake. By the end of the day we were all bushed.



My two cowboys walking into the Home Depot. Everyone we saw told us how cool Dalley looked in his chaps
Dalley chillin' in the cart at Wal-mart. He rode through the whole store lounging on a box of lemonade and munching on a chicken strip.

Pulling a face at lunch


Giving grandma thank you hugs for the visit and his birthday presents


Grandpa's turn for a hug


Kim Butterfield came over to Dustin dad's house to give Dalley a birthday present. It was some Angus toys and a chute. He gave Kim a big hug.

Dalley's first official photo as a two year old

Standing by his presents before we would let him open any

The arena and horse set that we got him

Chaps and PJ's, quite the combination

Opening all of his presents at grandpa's house, he was totally spoiled by his aunt's and cousins

Riding the Bay Mare, this was the only time all weekend that he didn't have chaps on, go figure!

The birthday cake

Dalley and his cousins
Beautiful Belle and Dustin, he was too grumpy to smile
Dalley, how old are you?

5 comments:

Sadie said...

Sooo cute!! Happy Birthday little cowboy! I just love all of his cowboy stuff. It melts my heart.

Ludwig Family Randomness said...

Kristi,
He sure is cute! I can't believe how fast they grow. Happy birthday to your little one.
Lexy

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I can't believe he is two already! That is nuts ;) It really does look like he made bank from the fam! A good B-day for sure ;)

Van and Cherilyn said...

He is so cute! I love the chaps.

Lara said...

I also love the chaps! Too cute. I am glad that he had such a great birthday and that Dustin is HOME!!!