Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 4th and more

A couple weeks ago we had the pleasure of having my mom stay with us while she was recovering from surgery. It was fun having her with us and taking care of her for a change. Dalley was so excited to have his Nana around and had to make sure she was paying attention to him most of the time.
At the end of her stay Shawn and Stina came down from Washington and took her out to Nevada with them. Dalley and I followed after attending the retirement party for my secretary, Christa. Christa was the most amazing secretary ever. She was old school and didn't mind taking care of everything that we needed. She even knew shorthand. I could call her in to dictate a letter to her and she would have the whole thing down as fast as I could say it. She is a little German spitfire. She immigrated from Germany when she was 13. She has some pretty neat stories to tell about living in Nazi Germany. I am going to miss her so much and I hope her replacement is at least half as great as she is.
After the party Dalley and I did some shopping with Anne. It is fun to have a friend I can do those things with. Anne is the best!
We finally made it to the ranch along with Luke and Kayce's family and had a lot of fun hanging out, visiting, and helping my dad around the ranch.
One of the days we had to haul cows to the range so we decided to take everyone and spend the day at the cabin. It was nice to relax and let the kids filthy. Dalley loved playing in the creek.
We celebrated the fourth by going to the parade and then sorting more cows. It was a HOT and DRY day. By the time we were done I was so dirty Stina said I looked really tan but if I took a shower it would all wash off.
We had a lot of fun and I am glad that we were able to spend time with Shawn and Luke's families.


Dalley and L.E. playing with the Lego tub. They are so cute together
This kid is in serious need of a haircut

Aunt Celeste helping the kids get candy, she even tried to sneak Ira a sucker

Aunt Stina at the parade

The munchkin buddies

At the cabin we have an old box springs with a rug on it that the kids use for a trampoline. They love it. That and the tire swing was the highlight for the little ones

Jumping on the "trampoline" I can't get Dalley to keep all of his clothes on

Getting ready for a 4-wheeler ride with Papa
The munchkin buddies sure love Papa

Cutest Ira I have ever seen, he is the third munchkin buddy

Dalley trying to get L.E. to swim with him
Kate was good to push Dalley and then Dalley would sometimes try to push her
Shooting clay pigeons, I had a nice bruise on my shoulder the next day

Munchkin Butt
I think this is one of my favorite pictures of Dalley, oh and those aren't freckles

Eating Caramel apples at the cabin
Ira with his morning sippy

Dalley and Ira were playing peek a boo through the drapes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no Kristi, you are the best! I love all of your pictures!