Sunday, January 1, 2012

An Awesome End to an Awesome Year

This year was a pretty amazing year, filled with a lot more ups than downs. Last fall, when we found out I was pregnant with Whitlee, Dustin decided that he was ready to make the necessary changes in his life so that we could become an eternal family. It was something that I knew I could not force so I have been patiently waiting and I was over joyed when he made up his mind to do it.

In April he became and Elder. He became an Elder the same day that his father passed away. It was very special for him to be able to dedicate his father's grave. Kind of a daunting task for someone so new to it, but he did an amazing job. A couple of weeks later he baptized and confirmed his nephew. He is the only male in his immediate family that could do it and it was special that he could do that for his nephew. It was a very special day for his family.

In August he was able to bless our sweet little Whitlee. He did an amazing job. It has been so fun going on this journey with him and realizing the blessings that we are receiving. The greatest blessing came on December 30 when our family was able to be sealed in the St. George Temple. It was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever been through. I am so grateful to my heavenly father for helping us get there. I am so thankful for the wonderful man I married. We have had some trying times when I wondered if he would ever realize the importance of these things and our family is so very blessed that he finally did.

It was beautiful to be in the temple with every one of my brothers and my parents. It reminded me of how blessed I am to have been raised in my amazing family. I really do have amazing parents and I am so grateful for them and the way I was raised. My parents are unconditionally supportive and are always there for me. I feel so spoiled and humbled to have people in my life who care about me so much.

A lot of other great things happened this year, including the birth of my angel Whitlee. She really is my saving grace. She is a wonderful baby. She is so good natured and just easy.She is exactly what I needed after all of the stress with Dalley and his medical issues. I wouldn't change a single thing about my Dalley bugs but it is kind of nice to have a healthy baby to balance out the stress. Whitlee helped me gain confidence in my ability to be a mother. Even though I knew there was nothing I did to make Dalley sick, it is hard not to blame myself for his rough time and I constantly worry about how his issues will affect him in the future. Whitlee brings a sense of calm to me. I am so sad with every milestone she passes and I am already missing her being younger. I also look forward to the joy she will bring to our family in the future.

My Dalley Bugs turned three this year and started pre-school. He grew up a ton after the first week. I am always amazed with the things he comes up with and I get excited every day when I pick him up to hear about what he did at school. He is my little terrorizer and my little lovey. He can destroy my house in five minutes but he is so sweet most of the time I don't mind. He has an amazing imagination and I love to spy on him when he doesn't know I am watching him. He talks and pretends and has a grand old time. He is good to his mommy and is an excellent helper with Whitlee. He loves his daddy and I love the relationship that they have. He is a blessed little boy to have a dad like Dustin. Dalley, Whitlee, and I are Dustin's whole world and he is great father to our kids.

I guess most of all I end this year overcome with gratitude. It is definitely a year worth remembering and it will be a hard one to top. I look forward to 2012 and I look forward to the blessings and challenges it will bring.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I am so happy for you. This WILL be a tough year to top. Sounds pretty good to me!

Cam & Nat said...

oh my gosh I did not know you guys got sealed!!! That is so awesome and I am so happy for you! I love hearing about your adventures!!