Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's been a hot dry summer so far

There has been a lot going on this summer. Weirdly enough I barely have taken any pictures.
The first weekend in June the kids and I went with my parents up North. We headed up Friday after work and stayed in Lehi.We went to my cousin Amber's husband's baptism Saturday morning in Brigham City. Then we headed to my niece Tifnee's baptism in Roy Saturday after noon. then we had a family dinner then headed back to Brigham City to spend the night. On Sunday we went to Amber's son's blessing. Then we headed to Ogden for another family dinner and then headed home. Itwas a lot of running around for one weekend. I am glad that my kids are such good travelers.
The second weekend in June we headed out to Hiko so Dustin could help my dad and so we could haul some bulls to Salina for my dad. We also went so we could leave the kids with my parents since I was going  to girls camp the next week. While we were out there Luke offered Dustin a job helping my dad on the ranch and training horses. He made us an offer we couldn't refuse so Monday Dustin gave two weeks notice to the ranch he had been working at for the last seven years. It made him really happy to be able to quit that job.
The third week I headed to girls camp. It was up on the Tusher and it was pretty fun. I never really have been too excited about girls camp even when I was a teenager but it turned out to be a good experience. I really appreciated getting to know the other leaders and getting to spend time with the girls.
The fourth weekend in June was the balloon festival in Panguitch. That Friday was also Dustin's last day at Sorensen's Ranch. It was really fun to be able to have him go with us to the Balloon Festival. He usually works on Saturdays so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that I wouldn't have to take the kids by myself. We went up and took some family pictures in my friend's backyard. After the photo shoot we toured around Panguitch and looked at all of the booths. We had dinner at Dustin's sister's house then headed down to main street to listen to the bands. We ended up running into some good friends of ours from Circleville and spending most of the evening with them. It is funny how you sometimes have to leave town to see your neighbors.
The next weekend after that was the Roger Hatch family reunion. We had an awesome time. We rented both sides of a duplex in Cedar. It was a really nice place and pretty affordable. We were really close to a bunch of parks and we were able to just hang out and spend time together. It is always nice to see family that you don't get to see often enough.
That was our month of June and it flew by with all of the activities we had going. I am hoping that July won't be so busy so that we can slow down and enjoy a bit of it. I love summer but it is way too short around these parts.


Here are a few of the pictures from our little photo shoot.

 Mr. Dalley Bugs

 Dalley and Daddy, best buddies

 My favorite picture of Miss Whit

 My two munchkins. Love them

 Whitlee is turning into a bit of a daddy's girl

Handsome little man

1 comment:

Cam & Nat said...

love reading your blog!! So glad you guy are doing good and seriously need to get together!!