Monday, August 13, 2012

Whit's Birthday and other June happenings

On June 7, my sweet Whitlee turned one. I can not believe how fast this year went by. She has been such a blessing in our family. She has been the sweetest, easiest baby. I would have a dozen kids if they were all like her. She was such a breeze. It is so funny how different she has been from Dalley. They are complete opposites in every way, right down to their looks. Dalley looks like Dustin completely and Whit looks like me. Dalley is not a mischievous child. We barely needed to baby proof with him. He never got into anything. Whit is already super curious. She is also a big tease and has been since she was old enough to know what she was doing. She has the sweetest smile and gives the sweetest open mouth kisses. She was lucky enough to get two parties. We had one in Panguitch with Dustin's family and one in Hiko with my family. She is one loved and spoiled little girl.
1 year old stats:
She weighs 17.2 pounds
She is 25" tall
She crawls and pulls herself up but doesn't walk
She blows kisses and waves by by
Shes says mama and dada
She is a very good sleeper and loves naps as long as she is in her own bed, she has slept through the night since she was two weeks old.
Her favorite foods are blueberries and raspberries. So far she likes everything I have tried to feed her except hummus and honeydew. 
She is a very friendly baby, she will wave at everyone she sees and she will let anyone hold her.

Also this past June, we signed Dalley up for t-ball. He had a lot of fun, but with two to three games a week, I was glad that it only lasted 5 weeks. My friend Heidi was his coach and she was the best. She is really good at working with little kids. Dalley also got to be on a  team with Heidi's twin boys, Cache and Carter. They are his favorite friends, so he was excited to be on their team. He was a little hot shot. He thought he was so big out there playing. Being a pretty reserved person, it is funny for me to watch my son be completely opposite. He has no issues being in front of people. He also has no issue speaking his mind. If he got hot, he would yell to everyone to hold on while he got a drink. I tried to explain to him that he couldn't leave the field in the middle of the game, but that concept made no sense to him. If he was thirsty, then why wouldn't he get a drink? I loved watching his games. His coach had a swim party at the end of the season and he loved it. Now he is convinced that he needs to sign up for wrestling.

Another weekend in June we went out to Nevada and Dustin saddled up Taco, the miniature horse. It was so funny to watch the boys herd the calves with him. He is a fun little horse to have for the kids. I wanted to get one to have in Circlveille, but Dustin told me we already had too many horses. That is something I never thought he would admit to.

Whit eating her Rainbow cake at my parent's house
Before she got all messy
At her party in Panguitch
Whit and Grandma Dyann, Grandma Dyann got her the cake.
My beautiful, messy baby
Dalley's cute t-ball team, he is the one in the grey jogging pants with the white stripe down the leg.
My handsome husband
Dustin riding Taco, his feet were dragging on the ground
Dalley, ready for his t-ball game
Dalley riding Taco
Dalley and Lukie riding Taco. These two are three years apart in age, but they are still pretty good buddies.

1 comment:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

NO way is Whitlee one!!!! That's crazy how fast the time flew! They're both adorable and just priceless :)