Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Update and Other Things

I just thought I would update on Dalley's Holter results. Dr. Ethridge called us the other day and said that the Holter looked pretty good. She is not concerned about his heart during the day but is still worried about at night and naptime. Because of this she wants us to get an automated external defibrillator (AED). In case you don't know those are the paddle things in the movies that doctors use to shock a persons heart into beating again. The one we will get is a little different though, no paddles just little wires on sticky things that you stick to his chest and side to shock him. It also takes a reading of the heartbeat to let you know if you need to use it or not. I am a little nervous explaining this to the babysitter. It might freak her out to have to use a machine to start his heart in case it ever stops. I know it is freaking me out. I am also asking for a monitor to put on him when he is asleep because my biggest worry is that his heart will stop and I will not know it or I will be unsure if it is time to get the AED. Preferably something that beeps when his heart stops, the one we had on him when we first brought him home would beep everytime his heart would beat and that made it hard for him or us to get any sleep.

Anyhow on to other things. For those that have been asking my address is:
P.O. Box 81
Circleville, UT 84723
I have other things to post, but I have spent the whole day trying to get this one finished so i will end this one and post again later.

2 comments:

Lara said...

You are such a strong person and I am sure you are a great mom. That would scare me too - to not know if my baby's heart is still goin. At least they have these machines to help. Should take some worry off? Right?
I hope you had a great Christmas!

Angela said...

Hey Kristi,
I just found your blog off of Shari's. I had no idea you guys were in Circleville. I love the pics of your little boy - he looks like you is a handful, but aren't they all? We are expecting our third boy in March - I can hardly wait.