Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dustin is Employed

So a couple of weeks ago Dustin started a job with Wadsworth Construction building bridges. We were very happy for him to find a job, but we were not so happy that he had to move to Moab to do the job. He has been gone two weeks now only coming home for a little over 24 hours on the weekends. It has been quite an adjustment for our little family. I really appreciate him doing it though, cause I know as hard as it is on Dalley and me it is even harder on him. We don't have to leave home and have our whole lives disrupted. Not only that but he is working insane hours, the first week he put in around 80 hours, and yesterday he worked from 7:00 in the morning until 3:00 the following morning then went back in to work at 7:00 this morning. i am not sure how he does it. I am very proud of him and I am thankful that I married a good man who will do what it takes to take care of his family. He has been offered an interview at the Aspen Ranch in Loa, to help with their horse program. We are hoping he can get it since it is considerably closer to home.
Dalley has been such a trooper. He loves his daddy and clings to him from the moment he gets home until the moment he leaves. He loves talking to him on the phone every night and he always blows him kisses, it is the cutest thing. On Saturday we went to help Anne clean the house that she just moved out of. Dalley was so good during the cleaning process. He ran around the house and entertained himself with a plastic mixing spoon and my shoes. He was a little grouchy when we were done and at lunch, but I guess that was my fault for not giving him a nap all day. All in all he is a pretty good kid. We are going out to Hiko for Halloween/Nevada Day and I can't wait to put him in the little horse costume that I bought him like three months.

Last month when we went to the cardiologist she told us that Dalley needed the H1N1 Vaccine, the regular flu shot, and the RSV Vaccine. I called our Piute health clinic and they had never heard of the RSV shot so I called our pediatrician. They said they could give Dalley those shots, but we had to have pre-approval from the insurance for the RSV one. I took Dalley to Cedar to get the other two shots. When I got to the pediatrician's office I thought there is no point in coming back for the RSV shot I will just pay for it and get reimbursed by the insurance. It costs $700!! I could not believe it. I told the nurse never mind. I never could have imagined one teeny little shot costing soooo much. I guess that is why I have never heard of this before, it must not be very common to get one. I am so nervous about Dalley getting some form of the gomboo this winter and spending more time in the hospital. I finally decided that it doesn't do a lot of good to worry, all I can do is take all the precautions and pray for the best.

6 comments:

Sadie said...

I know what you mean about all the junk going around. Liberty got the H1N1 virus at school and had to stay home a week. My pediatrician was more concerned about Ryder and Maverik since they are both high risk. I walked around with my lysol wipes the whole week. It sucked, but neither of my boys got it, so I guess that was good. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to think about Dally getting sick!! I'll keep him in my prayers. IT would be horrible for the little guy to get sick. I hope someday to meet him properly, but am loving the cute pictures you put up.

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I'm glad that Dustin got a job! I know how stressful that can be. I'm sorry he has to work like crazy though. That stinks for sure.... Good luck with this season of flu bugs...... I can't believe how vicious the flu has already been this year. We'll be praying for you too!

Angela said...

I hope your husband gets the job closer to home - that would be so hard. Fingers crossed and prayers being said that your little guy doesn't get sick.

Lynda said...

I am glad to see you finally put a post on here. Did you read my post about Dalley? I hope you don't mind. I love you guys.

Lara said...

I am so glad that Dustin got the job! But sorry about the long hours and him being away. You are a strong person. I have never heard of an RSV shot either. That is crazy that it cost so much! I hope your little guy doesn't get something this winter too.

Unknown said...

Dustin is good! hang in there something will work out soon.

im counting the days til our boys finally get to be together again! Miss you all.