Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thankful for Talented Friends

When I had Dalley I was very grateful to all of the wonderful handmade gifts that family and friends gave to me. It meant a lot to me that they would share their talent and give me something that took time to make. I was especially touched by a beautiful blanket and burp cloth set that my wonderful friend Carrie had made for me. She had put a lot of work into sewing and crocheting and it turned out gorgeous. So when I found out she was pregnant I wanted to make something for her in return. When I made this decision I forgot about the part where I am not talented when it comes to making things. I had heard that a self binding blanket was easy to do so I decided to make one. I really did have the best of intentions, but good intentions does not make up for lack of talent. I bought the material and I had it on hand for a good six months, but never had the courage to try. So last night I enlisted my other talented friend, Anne, to "teach" me by example how to make one of these blankets. She did a beautiful job. I think it turned out very cute and she even threw in a burp cloth. The only thing I can really take credit for is picking out the cute material. I might need to leave the crafts to my talented friends from now on.
It is hard to see, but this is the blanket with the burp cloth

4 comments:

Lynda said...

I am so thankful to Anne also. I am not talented either. I can figure things out pretty good and I could of helped you, but it wouldn't have been as good of a result. By the way, I like the one you have better than the one that I saw that Cass made. Hers had a much wider edge.

Anonymous said...

Well you did hand me the scissors and my pin cushion when I needed them! haha! I'm just so glad that we got to spend some time together! I sure do love ya!

Cam & Nat said...

That is an adorable blanket. I like it!!! Love the material also. Where did you get it??

Kristi said...

Thanks Anne, can't forget my important contributions to the team. Love Your guts!!

Natalie, I got the material at the H&R here in Pangutich. THey have the best material!!