Friday, October 17, 2008

Deer Hunter's Ball


When Dustin and I were dating I loved the deer hunter's ball. We would go with a bunch of friends and dance and have a good time. After we got married I still enjoyed it. Last night was the ball and I had been looking forward to it all week. Dalley and I got ready so that when Dustin got home from hauling his cows we would be ready to go. We all got dressed up went over to the ball, paid to get in, and bought raffle tickets. We said our hellos to everyone. We sat on the bleachers for five minutes and a short 40 minutes after we arrived we left. The band was too loud for Dalley bugs. We are now officially in the boring stage of life.
The above picture is of my handsome boys all ready to go dancing. We didn't even get to dance once before we had to leave.
On the bright side Dustin bought us a camp trailer last night and it is a lot nicer than the one we just sold. He has been riding a colt for a guy here in town and bought the camp trailer with his horse training money. Our old trailer was on the little side. this one is big enough that we can bring Dalley's pack-n-play and set it up so he will have his own bed. I was never one who needed a camp trailer to go camping, or even a tent, but in my older years I am finding it is much more convenient to have everything stored in a trailer and all we have to do is hook on and go.

No comments: