Friday, October 24, 2008

Goodbye Bumbo, Hello High Chair


I am of the opinion that the Bumbo seat is one of the best things ever invented. We have been using Dalley's since he was three months old and it is really handy for when babies don't want to be prostrate all the time, but they can't sit up by themselves. It is also a handy way to feed a baby who is way too small for a high chair. We used the bumbo religiously till my little monkey butt decided he was going to climb out of the Bumbo and dive off of the table. Luckily I looked over and caught him by his ankle right before he hit the floor. My niece Daisy was there and she is still traumatized by it. Now whenever I put him in the Bumbo she says, "If he falls out make sure you catch him by his ankle." She is four. Anyhow due to the traumatizing nature of his fall out of the Bumbo we decided it was time for the high chair. So Wednesday night Dustin just happened to get home a little early so I had him watch Dalley while I assembled the high chair. It is HUGE. Dalley looks like a tiny little guy in it. I forgot to bring my pictures of him being swallowed up by it's vastness, but I will post them later. Even though it is so big, he loves it. It is a new found freedom for me. I am amazed that my life is such that I get excited about high chairs, but I am loving every minute of it.

No comments: