Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas/New Years

I haven't written about the holidays yet because I haven't downloaded the pictures yet. I decided I needed to at least write a post before I forget and I will post pictures later.
This Christmas was different than any other but still wonderful. In the last twenty-nine years I have never not had Christmas at my parents house. Well with Dustin working out of town he said that we were staying home for Christmas because after traveling home from Moab he didn't feel like traveling even farther to Hiko. I was bummed at first but then I came up with the idea that if I can't go to my parents house they could come here. It too ALOT of convincing to get my dad to come and he never did commit. A week before he was still telling me he would "probably" come. They did come and it was really fun.
I met parents in Cedar on the 23rd to do some last minute shopping and to pick up the hat I had specially ordered for Dustin. Then on the morning of the 24th Dustin and my dad went cougar hunting. They didn't find any cougars but they did almost get stuck in the deep snow. My dad said he still had a good time cause he got to see some new country. That night we went to Kingston, Junction , and around Circleville looking at all the Christmas lights. Dalley would point and say Pwitty. It was very cute. We went home and Dalley opened his PJ's. Then we watched a movie and went to bed. We got up around 7:00. Dalley got a big red wooden barn and some horses and cows to put in it. His favorite presents were his stick horse and his tractors. He also loves his truck and trailer. He was a happy kid.
I was a happy girl because Dustin spoiled me a little. I got a laptop, a blackberry, a jogging stroller and a trunk. It was the first time that Dustin has given a gift for me any thought so it meant a lot. He is a very manly man, but not a very thoughtful man.
That afternoon we talked to Ryan and it was great to talk to him. I think he talked for about three hours. He sent us a really cute DVD of what he has been up to, it was really cool. Around 6:00 that night Luke and Kayce came for Christmas Dinner. Dalley loved having all the cousins around. He plays really well with L.E.. Family really is what makes the holidays special.
Then everyone left the next day. Dustin left on Sunday and my house got really empty with just Dalley and I in it. I had another week off of work so we headed out to Hiko for the week. We were planning on staying through Saturday but on New year's Eve Dalley started getting sick. He was fine until he took a nap then he woke up croupy. I gave him some extra medicine and he was fine until he went to bed, then when I went to lay him down he woke up struggling to breathe. He kept getting worse and with his lung issues we can't take any chances, so off we went for the E.R. in Cedar at midnight. I didn't even notice that it was new years I was so worried about him. At the hospital they gave us some steroids let us go. I was kicking myself because I have an emergency supply of the medicine at home I just didn't take it with me. Anyhow we went to a motel and slept the rest of the night almost until check out time. Dalley likes to keep things interesting for sure.

1 comment:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I'm glad you got to spend the holidays with your parents, but I'm sorry you had the midnight drive. You're pretty great for being able to take care of him so well. You're both tough cookies ;)