Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rainy Days and SATURDAYS get me down

I know it is crazy but I have the hardest time with Saturdays. It is the only day all week that I don't have a schedule and complete structure and that drives me nuts. Because of the lack of schedule and structure it also gives me time to think about Dustin being gone. It has been especially hard lately because not only has he been working with no days off, they are also working him so many hours that he goes straight to bed as soon as he gets off of work. This means that Dalley and I haven't been able to go see him because it is not worth it to drive all that way to see him for ten minutes. For the last forty-eight hours he has worked all but about 12 hours of them. They don't even give him much time to sleep. I can tell that it is getting to him and I feel so terrible that he has to go through this. When it gets hard for me I try to remember that as hard as it is on my end he has it so much worse. At least I have Dalley to make me laugh and to give me big squeezes and kisses. I only have to make it through one more day though. They are letting Dustin come home tomorrow night, then he goes to St. George Monday morning for his school week in St. George. Then next weekend we are going to go to Mesquite with Anne and Jason for some much needed relaxation time! I am so excited, to see my honey and spend time with him. I guess I didn't really accomplish much with this post but if Dustin ever reads it he will know that I am missing him.

2 comments:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Wow.... That would be SO hard to have to make it through SO much time without him.... I'm glad you get to have him home for a couple of days and then next weekend for a Mesquite getaway ;)

Lynda said...

If he doesn't read it then I am going to tell him about it. How about that?